How do customers “feel” about your business? The answer to that question could affect your sales. Research shows, taking the customer relationship from remote and transaction-based to personal, warm, and engaged drives profits. Engaged customers do more than purchase (although they do that more, too). They sing the praises of your company, choose your brand above all others, and turn to your company time and again as a valued part of their lives.
Although the decision to spend, save, or invest money and assets might appear rational and cerebral, the truth is that customers don’t make financial choices with their heads alone. Behavioral economics experts say that price, ROI, and lists of features or pros and cons play a surprisingly small role in buying decisions. Rather, customers form a gut opinion about your company every time they interact with it, and make choices based on that emotional response.
Recent Gallup poll results support this view of customer engagement:
- Fully engaged customers represent a 23% premium over average customers in terms of share of wallet, profitability, revenue, and relationship growth.
- Fully engaged retail banking customers bring 37% more annual revenue to their primary bank than actively disengaged customers.
Join our half-hour webinar to find out how you can win customers’ hearts and further customer engagement in ways that will grow sales. You’ll learn how to:
- Engage customers in dialogues that will lead to more sales
- Leverage existing digital and brand interactions to lower costs
- Increase customer satisfaction and retention