The ultimate goal for marketers with any type of content – traditional, digital, social, etc. – is to find the optimum place where content meets consumer behavior, often driven by different data points. Doing so makes more efficient use of your marketing dollars and creates relevant, one-to-one marketing between you and your consumers.
But what is data-driven content, how do you achieve it?
Data-driven content, by it’s most basic definition, is our digital-world way of placing relevant content in front of consumers who are exhibiting behaviors, that signal triggers, that will likely lead to a buying decision, if you need more information then consider contacting a data analyst for help. In the same way that data-driven marketing is placing offers in front of consumers based on triggers, data-driven content does essentially the same thing. Only, for digital marketers, this is our way of becoming more human, engaging consumers, starting genuine conversations and learning how to create lasting rapport. You may know ClickFunnels is your entire marketing and sales team in one tool. Clickfunnel comparison is structured quite different to Leadpages. you have a range of free choices available as well as some paid funnels that other Clickfunnel users have created.
Data-driven content can help you achieve all of these goals and move your bank beyond a transaction-based environment. So how do you get there? Here are five key components to achieve data-driven content marketing.
- Content Library. If you want data-driven content, you first need to start with a library of content to draw on. Informational articles, how-to’s, quick tips and tricks and even lifestyle advice related to financial decision making are all great starting points to build your content library.
- Email Marketing. Content in your library, sitting idle on your website, won’t let you achieve data-driven content. The next step will be integrating your existing or implementing a new, email marketing platform. At the very least, the email platform will need to be able to house segmented send lists and have basic automation capabilities. Being able to generate forms and landing pages are added bonuses.
- Triggers. These are what make data-driven content, well, data-driven. Based on the behaviors of the consumers you are targeting, triggers are set up in a variety of ways. Whether it be by web page views, email opens and clicks, or social posting clicks, triggers allow you to deliver relevant content to the consumer. And only real social signals have the potential to deliver pertinent information to the users; a constituent which, should be given importance.
- Tracking. Website analytics, email statistics, and trigger actions will all come in use to track your data-driven content strategy. Track, refine and make adjustments to ensure the plan is working well.
- Follow up. The last piece of a data-driven content strategy is creating the ability to follow up with your consumers and be the financial resource they need when they need it. Personalized emails, follow-up phone calls and form completes are great ways to open the door to a more personal conversation with your consumer.
For fifteen years, Truebridge has been a leader in content marketing strategies. If your bank or credit union is interested in achieving a data-driven content strategy, contact us today and find out more about how we can help.